Tuesday, March 18, 2008

On the Joys of Bachelordom

Living with five other people is bound to have disadvantages. For instance, nobody in the house really had any dishes when they moved in here, so we've resorted to using the dishes that were left behind by previous tenants, which are few. And, since there are six people eating meals here, dishes get dirty real quick-like. Myself, being the smarty pants that I am, have taken to eating directly over the sink, to minimize the time that I spend washing things other than my already filthy, sinful body.

Anyway, even though watching the crumbs of my toast sandwich fall into the sink reminds me of my own poverty, I have turned the whole thing into a game. How few bites can I take to eat this apple? (Current record: 10) What is the maximum number of bites it takes to finish a hard-boiled egg? (Current record: 7, and it's not as easy as it sounds) But my favorite game is water-chugging. Take your average pint glass, fill it with tap water, drink and repeat. See how much water you can drink before your own mortality comes under scrutiny! It's fun!

Of course, all of these games are immediately followed by a post-challenge moment, which I like to call "Wow, I need a girlfriend."
Post a Comment