Monday, November 19, 2007

5 Second Music Reviews

As always, clicking on a band and album title will take you straight to my multiply page so you can listen to it.

Seether - Finding Beauty in Negative Spaces

I mean, it's Seether. They are the exact same band they were when they first cleft their mother's loins in twain. They will not change. Ever.

Serj Tankian - Elect the Dead
It's always interesting when you see a band member go solo, until you realize that he sounds exactly the same by himself as he does with a band. Ever wonder where all of SOTD's politically charged lyrics come from? Yeah, it's this guy. I will admit though, for a good week, the phrase "clearing the way for the oil brigade" was pleasantly stuck in my head.

Asian Kung-Fu Generation
YATTTTAAAAAAAA!!!

Coheed and Cambria - Good Apollo
I won't claim competency with Coheed and Cambria. However, even though they're not my thing, I can say that I easily enjoyed two tracks from here. I wonder if their lead singer ever dressed up as Alvin for Halloween...

Say Anything - In Defense of the Genre
Another band I really know nothing about it. When I asked two friends of mine who are familiar with their music, "Hey, is this guy serious about being a whiny bitch or is he joking?" one replied, "I think they're just playing to their fan base," and the other, "No man, he's making fun of all the other emo bands." Do I think my misguided idiot friends are just fooling themselves? Yes, yes I do.

Avenged Sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold

I would love to say something interesting about this album, because I know that there's at least a decent number of Avenged Sevenfold fans in the world at this point, and they were all probably looking forward to this quite a bit. I'll be brief : Avenged Sevenfold is a band that makes only one or two good tracks per year, that get old within two weeks, and that's about all there is to them.

Demon Hunter - Storm the Gates of Hell
ALBUM OF THE YEAR! I can easily say that I was a fan of Le Huntre Demon before, and with all the repeat performances of bands that have been sucking lately (Atreyu, The Used, hed p.e. and so many more,) that I really wasn't expecting much from this. However, I think that even if I had raised expectations, this album would've met them. For me, this will be become one of few mythical albums where every track on there is amazing.

Nonpoint - Vengence
Remember in the last paragraph where I talked about bands that used to be good but now suck?

God Forbid - Sickness and Misery

If a band sucks in the woods and nobody's around to hear it, does anybody care? (I've been saving that line for years.)
Post a Comment